Persons who consider moving to Canada as a qualified pharmacist can do so in several ways. Moreover, there are many visa programs and categories to apply and we present the ways to immigrate to Canada for you in 2019 here.
The following job titles have a good scope:
- Clinical Pharmacist;
- Retail Pharmacist;
- Community Pharmacist;
- Industry Pharmacist; and finally,
- Hospital Pharmacist
Ways to immigrate
1. Visa Programs to Apply
These programs allow them to immigrate to Canada as pharmacists.
- Manitoba Provincial Nomination Program for In-demand Occupations;
- Skilled Federal Worker Program in Express Entry; and finally,
- BC PNP Skills Immigration for Healthcare Professionals
2. The Manitoba PNP for In-demand Occupations
The MPNP has the top demand list of occupations and pharmacists appear on it. It works under the EE system, and when they apply, they are also likely to receive an invitation in an Express Entry draws happening frequently. Also, they must have excellence in the French language because there is an emphasis on approved French-test results. By scoring a 7 level on the CLB test for reading, listening, writing, and speaking one can apply to it.
3. Express Entry Federal Skilled Worker Class
The FSWC allows them to immigrate to Canada as pharmacists. For applying, you must meet the selection criteria of the program. Furthermore, it considers the factors of work experience, language skills, education, age, employment, and adaptability. There is a requirement of scoring 67 marks in selection factors score from 100 to qualify.
There is a variation in the set of documents you need based on the country of origin, presently living in and the family members:
- A medical examination by a Panel of Doctors approved by a Physician;
- Language tests for IELTS or TEF
- Police Clearance Certificates;
- Identity Documents;
- Birth records; and finally
- Educational Credential Assessment
Education Credential Assessment is an important document. Moreover, the pharmacists must verify their degree through the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada. This is a means to prove that the qualification is equal to the standards set by Canada. It takes eight weeks to get the ECA, and it is necessary to fit it into the plan for immigration.
The next stage
After passing the basic requirements for the program, the application enters into the Express Entry Pool. After this the application gets a score by using the CRS based on these factors:
- Language ability;
- Provincial nomination;
- A Valid job offer; and finally
- Adaptability factors
BC PNP Skills Immigration for Healthcare Professionals
Clinical pharmacists can apply through BC PNP for Healthcare Professionals. It is an ideal way to get PR in the province in a quick manner in comparison to conventional visa programs. Complete an online application in the BC PNP and apply for the post of a Healthcare Professional.
- Having a valid job offer from a BC employer;
- Qualifying for one of the three federal EE programs;
- Having the Qualification to work in the current occupation;
- Two years of valid work experience in the capacity of a clinical pharmacist; and finally,
- Meeting the language requirements
After completing the application on the BCPNP Online, you get a score depending on occupation/experience. In case it is high, you get an invitation to the province and can also apply to seek the Canada PR. In case you decide that Canada is an ideal place we are ready to help you to realize your dream. Please Contact Us.